Our Top 5 Puerto Vallarta Vacation Activities
Tourists began flocking to this tropical seaside paradise in the late 19th Century. However, it took a movie starring Richard Burton and Ave Gardner, John Huston’s Night of the Iguanafilmed in 1963, to showcase Puerto Vallarta to the rest of the world. Burton loved the area so much that he owned two homes in Puerto used by he and Elizabeth Taylor. The homes still reman in the Gringo Gulch area of Puerto Vallarta, although sold by Taylor around 1990. Vallarta is culturally rich in art, quisine and natural beauty and some of the warmest and friendliest people on the planet.
For those that wish to relax, Villa Esplendora offers much pampering from our staff that includes meals prepared by our chef and ice cold Margaritas. The staff provides a perfect balance of comfort and guest privacy. Relax by the infinity pool that seemingly connects to the ocean, have some refreshments while enjoying the 10 person Jacuzzi or relax in one of three private Jacuzzis found in the three oceanfront master suites. Have snacks, drinks or meals served under the outdoor Palapa (thatched shade structure) and enjoy spectacular evening sunsets.
1) Snorkling & Diving in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - At Mismaloya Beach, just 2 miles South of Villa Esplendora, you will find snorkeling and diving tours that will fully equip you for a short jaunt to the Los Arcos ecological marine preserves which boasts the best diving and snorkeling in the Vallarta area. You can also take many different excursions that leave from the Marina Terminal in town.
2) Charter Fishing in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - Fishing Charters can be hired at nearby Mismaloya Beach or out of Marina Vallarta.
3) Jungle Canopy Tours in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - Just a few miles south, you can do your Tarzan or Jane impression over the jungle canopy and rivers or have dinner or a cool drink while the more adventurous glide atop the jungle canopy. This is a must visit in Puerto and is lots of fun. Our favorite tour is Canopy Tours De Los Veranos.
4) Whale Watching in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - You can take a whale watching cruise or just a lovely sunset cruise where you are likely to see whales from December thru April along with the typical sightings of Dolphins and other marine life. However, our favorite whale watching tour is done while relaxing on our pool terrace, under the palapa or in the infinity pool with a cold drink in hand. You will see whales and an abundance of marine life without ever leaving Esplendora December through April.
5) Yelapa - Spend an afternoon at Yelapa, a quiet beach reached only by boat. Yelapa has no cars, one road and just recently electricity. It’s tranquility, natural beauty and seclusion have made it a popular home for artists and local natives. Lie in the sun, swim, snorkel, eat fresh grilled seafood at a beachside restaurant or sample the local moonshine, Raicilla.